End of the Quarter

Beck Lystad

THS students study in the library. Today marks the first day of the second quarter.

Ryder Wells, Staff Writer

TELLURIDE- Last Friday, Oct. 25, marked the end of the first quarter of the 2019-20 THS school year. 

In hopes of gauging how the year is going, THS Today interviewed three fellow students using three main questions: How do you feel about the year so far? Are you prepared/excited for the quarter to end? Are you going to do anything differently next quarter?

Senior Matheau Richard had the right spirit:

Q: How do you feel about the year so far?

Richard: “I’m really enjoying it. Even though it’s my last year, I think it’s gonna be my best one.”  Richard was interviewed at the beginning of 5th period Graphic Design.  He was happy to be interviewed.

Q: Are you prepared/excited for the quarter to end?

Richard: “Yes, I am. It’s good to get the first length of the school year done so I know what I’m up against in the future.” 

Q: Are you going to do anything differently next quarter?

Richard: “ [I’m] gonna work a little harder next quarter and put a little more thought and time into my work.”

Beck Lystad
THS High School Students work in the library.

Sophomore Camden Thomas was interviewed during some down time while working at the Nugget Theater.

Thomas: “Pretty good. All my classes are good this year.”

Thomas: “Yeah.”

Thomas: “Study.”

Junior Rowen Warren was interviewed via text message.

Warren: “This year has been going great so far. For me, it’s been very productive.”

Warren: “I don’t intend to change anything for the next quarter.”

So, it seems that going into the second quarter isn’t going to be a big change for most people, but the school year sure is flying by.